Re: [NTLK] Replacing an MP2K screen

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 04:29:28 EST

on 09-12-2001 10:15, Chris Searles at csearles_at_netcologne.de wrote:

> I'm in the market for a used MP2000/2100, but have been very wary about
> buying a used device since I know how important a scratchless, dingless
> screen is (and the ones listed in mint condition are way out of my price
> range, unfortunately). My question is thus: If I happen to get a "bad
> apple" (no pun intended) is Apple the only place I can send a Newt to for
> having the screen replaced or are there other alternatives out there?

Since the situation is a bit unclear ever since Loren reported that Apple
was giving him a hard time, instead of the 'normal' Newt replacement for US
$ 180 I can't really give you an answer about screen replacements at the
moment.
From my own experience though, I own a 2100 with a scratch at the moment,
since I always use screen protection I never notice it, so as long as the
screen isn't broken and functioning ok you could probably get a better deal
on one with a blemish and never notice it anyway.

just my 2=A2

Robert Benschop