Re: [NTLK] Connect to Notable! via Ethernet?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 10:36:52 EST

on 12/8/01 8:35 PM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

> Obviously ;)
> This would eat money and comfort, and I don't think I would need the adaptor
> for anything else.
> The RCU 2.2 on the Newt has this promising "connect using" chooser, why
> should one have that without a possible extension...

Well, unfortunately, the Newton was cancelled you see, and all development
on this and other software was stopped midstream. I believe that network
connections were in the works for the next version. I can attest, however,
that the connection works fine through a Keyspan serial adapter. Just for
the record, I've found that adapter useful for more than one applications,
so it would probably be worth purchasing.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams