Re: [NTLK] Re - Newton 1 MB Storage Card

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 23:17:34 EST

OK...if you have a battery powered card, you will
notice that there is a switch on the end (most times
there are two switches) One switch is recessed and is
used for Write Protecting, and the other switch is a
battery release lock. Both of these switches are
accessible while the card is still inside the Newt.
Additionally, there is just enough of the card
protruding outside the Newt to allow you to open the
battery tray without affecting the positioning of the
card within the Newt. Unfortunatly, I left my digital
camera at work so I can't take pictures of it now. but
I will when I go to work on Monday to show you what I
mean.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Frank Gruendel <Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de> wrote:

> > Leave the card plugged into the Newt while
> > changing the battery. This will prevent your card
> from
> > getting wiped out due to the sudden loss of power!
>
> Could you please post pictures of how to achieve
> this?
>
> In all Newton models I know the card can only be
> powered when it safely sits in its connector, which
> is about
> when in has completely disappeared in the Newton?
>
> ;-)
>
> Frank

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -