Re: [NTLK] MP3?

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 19:16:01 EST

>Eric Schneck is working on an
>iTunes plug-in to manage your music from within iTunes.

Oh. I did not know that this requires iTunes. I guess I will have
to stick to the web server business.

>It would also be nice to put music on a PCMCIA/CF card via a
>laptop/desktop because the other methods could be pretty slow. But that
>would require either some major work on the desktop side or a driver on
>the Newton side that can provide access to DOS files on a memory card...
>
>The decoder itself should work on any Newton, provided that about 50-60k
>of system memory is available. But for the audio output to work, more
>memory is needed and I think that this limits the set of Newtons to the
>MP 130 and the MP2100 while the eMate (not upgraded) and the MP2000 are
>likely to handle the memory requirements as well. The question is not
>which Newton OS version is supported but more how much memory is available.

As for this, I guess I really must upgrade from my 120(2.0).

-James

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?