Re: [NTLK] Mac Personal WEB Sharing and Newton (NetHopper 3.2)

From: Josh Burker (senorwences_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 19:48:25 EST

On Monday, December 10, 2001, at 01:39 PM, Alexander Andrade Le=E3o =
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to connect to my personal Web Server (Personal web sharing=20=

> running
> in a PowerMac G4) using a Newton and a PCMCIA modem with NetHopper =
3.2.

> But the NetHopper say this:
>
> ----
> "A communication problem occurred. Connection may have been dropped."
> ----

What address are you giving Nethopper? Are you using the IP address of=20=

the Mac running PWS, or a dns name (www.yourserver.com for example)?

I would try using the IP address of the PWS Mac in Nethopper and see if=20=

you can hit it that way. I know I can hit my Newton running NPDS from=20=

another Newton running Nethopper on the internal network using a=20
non-routing IP address: http://192.168.0.4:8080 for example.

You also might want to enable logging on the Mac running PWS: go to the=20=

Edit menu, choose Preferences, and Enable logging and the size of the=20
log. You can then _awkwardly_ click the button to view the log, choose=20=

SimpleText to open the document, and see what the server is doing when=20=

you are attempting to connect to it from the Newton.

Or upgrade to OS X, which includes Apache, a much, much, much better web=20=

server than PWS, which works but just.

Hope that helps.

Josh Burker