Re: [NTLK] need password generator for MP 120 with OS 2.0

From: Dustin Long (dlong_at_tamu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 14:43:28 EST

I do this on my Newton all the time. Of course, it's not my newton doing
the work...

At the risk of sounding glib, we generate random passwords around here
with the unix command "ranpass -f 8 8"

That gives me a list of 8 random passwords with eight characters in each
password. Normally, a "favorite" gets picked, either because it has nice
typing rhythm, or because it's got a mneumonic that stands out.

Maybe this command or its source might help someone write such a beast for
the Newt? It'd be one less thing to fire up PT100 for!

~Dustin