Re: [NTLK] NOS 2.0 ROM in Sharp ExpertPad?

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 16:58:42 EST

On 12/11/01, James Elliott quoth:
>This brings up
>another point - has anyone cracked one of these suckers open before?
>If you have any tips, etc, it would be appreciated.

Of course, I like to take apart all my expensive toys. It's the
adrenaline rush when you forget how they go back together that I live
for...

It's very similar to the OMP/MP100, IIRC. Some would say identical.
But I'll let you make your own call.

It all goes pretty easy, don't forget the screw under the pcmcia
eject button, and be careful with the speaker. Also remember what
screws go where, I recall having the problem the first time. You
know, basic stuff.

Sean Luke has a good take apart for the OMP
<http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/seanl/newton/MP100Power.html>

later,

--
ben.