Re: [NTLK] Apple Repair SUCKS

From: Raj Patel (rpatel_at_accelrys.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 09:37:38 EST

Hi,

My pet gripe about Apple service in generanl
is that compared to the service we get from Dell
they're seriously amateurish.

Granted we tend to purchase an additional 3yr onsite
warranty for Dells but this is not much different
from the Apple Extended Warranty support.

For Dell gear, if we have a problem an engineer is
out the next day to fix it. For Apple if we have a problem,
we have to send the machine away for a few weeks to
have it repaired. I'm not by any means saying Dell are
fantastic but this is the sort of service example
that Apple could do to emulate (maybe iService ?)
esp. if they want to be taken seriously in an enterprise
environment.

To me one company has a professional service oriented
mindset the other has a consumer electronics mindset
(eg sell it and forget about it).

Just my 2pence

Raj.