[NTLK] EZShow email [Was Re: EZ2TV Warning]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 16:07:13 EST

On 12/12/01 15:56, "David Abramowitz" <underdog_at_erols.com> wrote:

> I believe EZShow is a one man operation, namely Mike. In every
> communication I've had with EZShow, he's been the one to respond. So I
> doubt you'd get very far with the supervisor e-mail idea. But there's
> certainly no harm in expressing your views/disgust to Mike.
>
> - Dave
> On Wednesday, December 12, 2001, at 03:33 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>

>> On 12/12/01 15:19, "Basil Selden" <chessmaster1984_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Follow up on EZ2TV problem:
>>> I had informed the EZ2TV contact person that I was dissatisfied with
>>> their
>>> response and that I would alert the Newton newsgroup about their
>>> practices.Their response was in my opinion unbelievably arrogant.
>>> Apparently
>>> is is their opinion that I am not entitled to access to the drivers for
>>> their product which is still being marketed because I bought it three
>>> years
>>> ago. This is the worst support I have ever received from any company
>>> at any
>>> time. I have been politely told by other companies that they
>>> regretfully no
>>> longer supported Newton because of the small market share,product was
>>> discontinued etc. but nothing like this!
>>> ----------
>>> From: "Mike Lee" <lee7688_at_home.com>
>>> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:10:33 -0800
>>> To: "Basil Selden" <chessmaster1984_at_earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Re: EZ2TV
>>>
>>> If you wish, you may do it. It is free world. But you should mention
>>> that
>>> you did ask the software 3 years after you bought, and were rejected
>>> by us.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> -

>>> might

OK, then I'll send an email right away to Mike. If somebody else does so,
could you somehow post to the list so that we know how many people replied
and don't swamp Mike under tons of emails? :-)

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System
V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1)
choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally,
to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular
definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."