Re: [NTLK] Application error 8007

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 10:16:41 EST

On 13/12/01 09:23, "Anderson, Brett P." <bpa_at_rti.org> wrote:

> I work for a research company that uses about 900 MP2000/2100 to assist in
> collecting research data. One of my biggest problems in helping to run a
> Help Desk group to support these users is trying to interpret Newton error
> codes. For instance, one that I am seeing currently is an Application error
> 8007 (Exception not handled). Does anyone know of a good source to find out
> information on various error codes? I have seen many sites that list the
> codes, but do not give any explanation of the codes and as we all know the
> description provided is not very helpful. Is a group like this the best
> place to try and obtain this sort of information. Any leads, suggestions or
> help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, that error could mean anything, really. Roughly, it tells you that
some abnormal condition had occurred while running the application and the
app didn't deal with the condition. This could be harmless or harmful,
depending on what you're trying to do when the error happens.

BTW, could you tell us about where you're working or a bit more about what
you're doing with 900 MP2000/2100?

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)