[NTLK] books and their marks

From: Dustin Long (dlong_at_tamu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 16:00:54 EST

The Texas legislature recently passed a law about state-owned Web sites
and privacy statements, and I had to read the law and a bunch of Q&A from
the University legal department for a meeting. I thought I'd be clever,
so I converted the pages all into NewtonBook packages and installed 'em on
my Newt, and then went outside, sat under a tree, and read all the
text. I even circled stuff, made notes in the margins, etc.

When I went to print out the book with marks, I couldn't help but notice
that the display font and the print font weren't the same, which meant
that my margin notes were pretty useful, but anything that I'd tried to
circle or underline was no longer in alignment with the circle or the
underline!

I checked the FAQ at chuma.org, but didn't see anything about marks on
Newton books. Anyone else tried this with better luck? I was thinking I
should check the font choices, but Newton Press only lets me use Espy
Sans, Geneva or New York. I think my printer (an HP LaserWriter
4100DTN) is printing in Helvetica or Arial instead.

Your advice is sought! :)

~Dustin