Re: [NTLK] Apple Repair SUCKS

From: TonyMorrow_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 11:28:57 EST

Correct, the new os requires an additional 32 megs of ram but you get a
built-in spell checker installed in the additional ram. You can still run
PocketPC 2002 on a 16 meg ROM Ipaq, but without the spell checker. I have
been running media, Mpegs, MP3, MOVs, etc. from my 256 meg compact flash card
from day one with my un-upgraded 3670 ipaq with no problems. That being
said, I have three newtons, a 130, an un-upgraded 2000 and a 2100. The
machines are pretty close in basic functionality, difference being mainly
that the Pocket PC is desktop centric. (No built-in capability to print,
fax, standalone email without substantial upgrades.) I still use both
heavily. I really wish that I could have a PPC syncing and multimedia
capabilities and the newton's form factor and ablilty to work independently
from a desktop pc.

tonymorrow