Re: [NTLK] More Screen Problems

From: Robert Downs (rkadowns_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 00:49:30 EST

Well, after determining the definition of "jaggies" as it
applies to the newton I can attest that I am not having that
problem. Yet. The problem I am seeing seems to be a
calibration caused possibly by an inconsistency with the
resistive touch screen from top to bottom. I do not get any
shoots if ink off to some corner or side. The ink simply
appears further "north" of where the pen makes contact with the
screen the further down from the top I get. Near the top
everything seems fine. Near the bottom, about an inch from the
button bar, if you draw a horizontal line, the ink will actually
appear about 1/8" above where the stylus touches the screen.

The strange thing is that it appears that I have access to all
parts of the screen although I have no way of actually drawing a
line at the very bottom of the screen.

(All references to bottom is with the screen orientation at it's
default setting. 0 degrees)