Re: [NTLK] 57600 serial on PC

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 15:23:29 EST

On 19/12/01 15:10, "Mikebridg_at_aol.com" <Mikebridg_at_aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 19/12/01 9:58:23 am, speedy2_at_dag.net writes:
>
> << I found some hacked version of NCU that lets one run @ 57600 + 57600.pkg .
>>>

> Can you let me have the URL for that, finding any version of NCU to download
> has me stumped, it seems to have gone missing everywhere.

Check on UNNA. BTW, there's never been any "hacked" version of NCU. What
that person is talking about is probably the Windozzz version that can be
sped up to 57000 b/sec by hacking the Windozzz registry and by installing
this 57600 package. There might be a mention of it in the FAQ...

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.