Re: [NTLK] Problems registering Standalone Apps

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 15:33:52 EST

On 18/12/01 23:37, "Chris Searles" <csearles_at_netcologne.de> wrote:

> I have this strange little problem and I thought maybe someone on the
> list has had experience with this and could give help or advice:
>
> I want to register two shareware apps (AppMan and Clipper) from
> Standalone.com and can't find the registration number for my Newton they
> claim should appear when I run their registration app. All I get is the
> information saying who the Newton belongs to, i.e. my user name. The
> problem is I've already paid for these apps via credit card and after
> several mails back and forth to Standalone no one there seems to have a
> clue about what to do (since their ability to provide me with a password
> for these apps depends on my being able to generate a registration number
> with their registration app).

IIRC, their applications used to be registered by entering a number
generated from the name in the Owner Info application. Unless they changed
it, that's probably what they're talking about. You still have to enter an 8
or 9 digits registration number, right?

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.