Re: [NTLK] xerox

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 11:37:03 EST

For those somewhat interested here's the patent by Xerox:
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-bool.html&r=3&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=ft00&s1=unistrokes&OS=unistrokes&RS=unistrokes>

Filed in 1993 and continued in 1995, and finally granted in 1997 and
covering a Unistroke method of input.

Hmmm, this still seems to be bumping up against prior art to me, but
I'm no lawyer. And I can't tell you for sure when Palm started
working on Graffitti, but it had to be way before 1993 if they had it
to market in 1994.

Most Newton related to this (not OT yet...) topic is the fact that
Rosetta and Calligrapher (the Newton engines) are exempt, and if
Palm's going to be licensing, why not get the best... ;)

Mmmm, a Palm, with BeOS, Rosetta and a small form factor. Drool.

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com