[NTLK] Hooray for the PowerOn eMates!

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 15:43:03 EST

        Well, the first two eMates arrived last night. We've ordered
three of them, but PowerOn was holding the third until they could get a
new battery for it. I'm now in the happy position of having more Newtons
in the house than people.
        I was pleasantly surprised by the things. They are in really
nice shape. From the looks of it, they were used in some high school
somewhere. Of the two I got, one had a completely dead battery, and the
other has a very tired one, which doesn't surprise me at all. PowerOn
gave me a 90 day warranty with them, so hopefully it covers batteries as
well. If not, I'll have an opportunity to try out Robert Benschop's
battery refurbishing instructions.
        The really pleasing thing was my wife's reaction to the things.
She took one look at one of them and immediately glommed onto it,
exclaiming how perfect it was. We spent the next half hour moving all of
her writing from her old laptop to it (most of the time was spent
getting windows to behave, with my wife lamenting that she should have
bought an eMate instead of the laptop). It's nice to have another
Newtoneer in the family.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 143:
If one of my daughters actually manages to win the hero and openly
defies me, I will congratulate her on her choice, declare a national
holiday to celebrate the wedding, and proclaim the hero my heir. This
will probably be enough to break up the relationship. If not, at least I
am assured that no hero will attack my Legions of Terror when they are
holding a parade in his honor.