Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b11

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 17:39:49 EST

Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com wrote:

> isn't there already some level of FAT support built in to the NOS?

Perhaps somewhere deep down, but I doubt it...

> IIRC
> when connected using NCU you can browse the HD of the PC using the Newt. Or
> is this simply info that is collected and served by NCU?

Probably. Real FAT support would require reading sector-wise from the
actual hard disk, and I don't think that the NCU would allow the Newton
to do that. But I'd be more than glad to learn the opposite!

BTW, a starting point for FAT support could be either FreeDOS or FreeBSD
or something like the PJRC MP3 player project for the 8051
(http://www.pjrc.com/)

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --