Re: [NTLK] emate without memory upgrade

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Tue Dec 25 2001 - 04:03:59 EST

good-dog_at_northshore.net (good-dog_at_northshore.net) wrote:

> From what I can tell by all I've read, it seems that the memory is
> useful mainly for email, internet use and other more advanced functions.
> But for writing papers, as a word processor for amateur or professional,
> from student to novelist, it seems to be quite adequate for the task
> without any additional memory.

I've upgraded my eMate only a month or so after receiving it, but from
what I remember, the word processor felt much more responsive (with
documents of almost any size) with the added heap memory. You wouldn't
finish a novel on an eMate without the upgrade, I'm afraid.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de