Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 Loudspeaker quality?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Dec 25 2001 - 18:11:34 EST

> Subject: [NTLK] Newton 2100 Loudspeaker quality?
> Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:10:46 +0100
> From: Chris Searles <csearles_at_netcologne.de>
>

> Since I've never been able to try one out I'll have to ask you guys on
> the list:
>
> What's the built-in loudspeaker of the Newton 2100 like sound-wise, i.e.
> how audible is it and at what range? The reason I'm asking is I was
> wondering if I could use it to tape short role plays of my English
> students and then play them back so that the whole class could hear them
> (6-8 students).

Well, the speaker is *audible*, (in fact I think only the iPaq can beat it)
and if the sound played is made well, also sounds okay. If your students
behave ;) it should be no problem.
What could be troublesome may be the capacity, as high qality recording eats
up lots of memory. Newton HQ may not be as HQ as you may get from a "real"
dictation device as well.

Oliver :)

--
BTW - I have several bids on my bubble wrap - you snooze you lose!
Cardboard aint worth nuttin if it aint got bubble wrap.