Re: [NTLK] Now is the time to buy a 2100 :P

From: newton2k (newton2k_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 22:34:03 EST

hello all,

another thing that works well, if you live close to the border is to get
the unit shipped to one of the mailbox-type places just across the
border in the states.. this is how i have managed to buy tonnes of stuff
off eBay since i live pretty close to the tsawassen/pt. roberts border
point in bc, canada. the one i use is the 'letter carrier'. they are
excellent, imho- only charge $1 per 2 lbs of stuff shipped (us dollars)

the best thing about this method is that you can then declare the item
as you come back across the border, pay the tax and avoid the heavy
brokerage dues that fedex/ups would end up charging (can be up to $70
for some items).

of course, you're out of luck if you're too far away from the border,
but maybe you know someone closer?

best of luck and cheers,
nitin