Re: [NTLK] Newton Software - Fixed for me anyways

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 16:19:41 EST

On Friday 28 December 2001 21:55, you wrote:
> Wow. I wonder how bag/urgent the circumstances must be to try to browse the
> web, on second thought, i'd rather not. Just pick up the newt and
> fax/email/browse on that..hehehe
>
> -Chris

Just wanted to see if it could be done.
(I'm the kind of guy who will look at a "Warning! High voltage!" sign and
think: "Hmmm... Really?" It's a miracle I lasted this long).

BTW, my 2100 Newt has sort of given up its Internet capabilities. I had
Paperboy installed for a tryout session and I had planned to rekindle my
involvement in several UseNet groups, but lately the Newt refuses stubbornly
to connect.

Curiously, this was right after I installed beta 10 version of Paul Guyot's
ATA-driver software. It might have something to do with it, or not; I haven't
gotten around to finding it out because Internet capability is really not
high on my Newt priority list - and especially not if I can't have ATA
support (100 messages from 2 groups will fill the internal store up to 80% of
its remaining capacity, and for the linux groups 100 messages is like the
fluff at the tip of the iceberg).