Re: [NTLK] 32MB Cards at 49.00/ It's a NewtBoot not a Newtcase

From: james richter (paparichter_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 00:02:34 EST

Got the same email. Was going to do BidPay till I saw
$10 to send out a money order by snail mail. I
decided to go to the bank today and do it myself.

Nice affordable Newton, but a pain in regards to
payment and shipping. The posting on ebay said UPS
was their primary carrier, but they would do USPS
under certain circumstance with a minor fee. I chose
priority mail since my local UPS service sucks. In
addition to the stock $11 shipping fee, they charged
an additional $7 (w/ insurance) for priority mail.

I would have gone with UPS after finding that out, but
just can't risk it. I spent $700 on a DVD burner for
my G4 back in early August. UPS delivered. I waited
around that afternoon that day for delivery. UPS
never came. Checked the tracking number at
UPS.com--they said they had delivered it. I walked
around to the neighborhood houses and found my package
delivered to the wrong house and sitting out in the
run in front of the neighbor's door. Luckily the damn
thing worked. Unfortunately, that is the norm for my
UPS deliveries.

Jim R.

=====