Re: [NTLK] (OT) Best way to secure PowerBook/iBook at home, etc.?

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 21:51:28 EST

>I'm wondering what the best way to secure an iBook or PowerBook at home or
>at the office is?
>
>What products are best?
>
>What methods are best?
>
>Locks, drilling of tables for cables, screeching alarms, attaching live
>snakes, dogs...
>
>What are your tricks, methods? I'm planning on getting one and it will be my
>first portable computer but the security thing is the only thing holding me
>back!
>

>Thanks all for your help!
>:: Gary Z

There is a locking station on all the iBooks and PowerBooks that I'm
aware of. Its usually on the side with a lock symbol next to it. There
are specific products that access this and can be then attached to steel
cables. Try the Apple products reference under
http://guide.apple.com/index.lasso and follow links to hardware other. I
found this vendor with specific information: http://www.compulock.com.au/

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com