Re: [NTLK] CF Card Tab...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 13:29:52 EST

Well, it's not really a "tab" as in a pronounced
protrusion, but more like a raised edge that gives a
fingernail purchase in order to pull out the CF card.
You'll notice on the CF card, the top edge is smooth,
while the bottom edge has a "lip" on it. Usually, the
CF slot will have a depression that allows a thumbnail
to grab the card for extraction. I've got a bunch of
CF cards and they all have this feature.

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Sushi <Sushi_at_ragingbull.com> wrote:

> >On 01/12/30 @ 0500, Tony Valentine wrote:
> >
> >Most compact flash cards have a little plastic tab,
> so
> >that you can remove the card from the flash sleeve
> since
> >it does not a eject button.
>
> Most interesting!
>
> Recently I've been looking at many different CF
> cards since I purchased a
> Canon IXY 200 (Similar to US version PS110) digital
> camera.
>
> None of the ones that I've seen here (Akihabara and
> other places) have a
> tab and would be stuck without an eject button.
>
> Hmmm... Maybe it depends on where they are sold as
> to whether or not
> they have a tab.
>
> Sushi

=====