Re: [NTLK] ICON changes

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 23:02:32 EST

I don't know if this is right or wrong, but this is how I have done it:

Create or scan an image with your favourite image software. I used
Photoshop. Sized to 32 x 32 pixels and in the right depth (i.e. black and
white, or 16 shades of grey or whatever).

Another way to get the right size is, Photoshop saves stuff with the icon of
the file as a thumbnail of the file, just select the icon, get info, click
the icon in the info slip, click edit & copy, and now the 32 x 32 pixel icon
is in the clipboard.

Then used Graphic Converter to save it as a resource (*.rsrc).

Then added the resourse file to my project, then selected the icon from it.

Anyhow, maybe my way is hokey or cumbersome but i've used it successfully.

-Stephanie