Re: [NTLK] QFWorks vs. Pro

From: Jim Johnston (jimthej_at_pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 09:51:05 EDT

on 7/3/01 1:56 AM, Robert Benschop at robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com wrote:

> I've been asked for the difference between QuickFigureWorks vs. QuickFigure
> Pro, since I hardly use spreadsheets I was hoping that somebody on this list
> could give a good answer to this question.

While I also rarely use a spreadsheet, it wasn't long until I went the
expensive route, some more functions, but just a better feel and utility.
Also found that it could import a whole workbook from excel which is the
reason I really got it. At the time I was a department chair at school and
really needed to keep track of my budget, which being the complex guy that I
am I put over a 22 page workbook. It also comes with a notepad stationary
which lets you create a small, quick spreadsheet in the notes that is also
in the larger app. That is the way I use it most now, especially since I
found it to be more efficient at teaching some complex math concepts than
cranking Excel on a big box.

--
Jim Johnston
Teacher