Re: [NTLK] Serial port speed

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 16:19:40 EDT

>I need, for reasons that will become apparent soon, to know
>if a software solution is possible, despite the fact that a 'standard'
>constant is missing for this speed.
>
>Can it be low-level coded?

The low-level code is in Waba. Pass 28800 as the serial port speed,
and test if the port is indeed open. If it's not, it's that you can't
connect at this speed, at least, not with standard low-level APIs.
Now, if you tell me you want to talk to the serial chip directly,
well, umm, I can tell you how to do this, but I hope you have the
chips specs.

BTW, you can also use an external clock if you really need
communications at 28800.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/