Re: [NTLK] Travelling with the Newton for the first time

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 14:59:17 EDT

When I was at the Frankfort Airport two years ago,
they certainly made me turn on my Newton! For some
reason they were quite skitish! and hey! when a guy
with a rifle asks you a question, regardless of the
language used, you do what he says!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
>
> > I think this is a classic YMMV case. I've NEVER
> had anyone ask me to start
> > up my devices. When I first got my Duo (several
> years ago) I used to put it
> > to sleep on the bus ride from parking to the
> terminal. But since I've never
> > been asked about it, I just leave it off.
>
> OTOH, I was once asked to turn on my Game Boy, and
> this was at the Toronto
> airport. You think they'd know what that was. Good
> thing I didn't have
> Bomberman in it at the time :)
>
> --
> Victor Rehorst - victor_at_newtontalk.net -
> chuma_at_chuma.org
> NewtonTalk list administrator -
> http://www.newtontalk.net
> Will help you with your list problems - as long as
> you're nice.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...