Re: [NTLK] PDF files on the 2100?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 16:37:09 EDT

on 06-07-2001 5:29, esnew_at_earthlink.net at esnew_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Is there an easy way to put a PDF file on the Newt? I have tried Newton
> Bookmaker but I always get an error message. I w=
> ould like to also put JPEGs on the Newton and the Bookmakers doesn't like that
> either. Any suggestions?

The answer from Steve Weyer from a while back:

"if you want to convert PDF on desktop (Mac or Win), there are a number of
conversion tools. then you could transform plain text via Paperback or
formatted text via Newton Press.
  http://www.gohtm.com
  http://access.adobe.com/

in addition, http://access.adobe.com/ has some links for web/email-based
conversion so you could access from any device. in particular, you should be
able to convert PDF docs to HTML, then view directly in Newt's Cape (though
obviously, big PDF files could be a problem).

Robert Benschop