Re: [NTLK] Problems Downloading Packages From UNNA

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 00:04:12 EDT

>Why is it that when I download a package (Text to Speech) it is not a pkg
>when it gets to my desktop?
>
>Am I doing something wrong....
>
>Ive downloaded quite a few programs and have not had this problem. I think
>it is because when there a .sit file, stuffit can handle them....these are
>.pkg's....anyone know what I can do.
>
>Thanks
>John Shepherd

Yes. Add the ".pkg" file type to your web browser's preferences and
tell it that .pkg files belong to Newton Connection Utilities.

You can also do this in the Internet Control panels, "Advanced" tab,
select "File mapping".

If there is already a mapping for ".pkg" present it's probaby for the old
AppleLink online service software, which used that for compressed file
archives it created. You can safely delete it and replace it with one
pointing to NCU.

 - Bill