Re: [NTLK] Problem with NCU 1.0 on NT

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 21:09:18 EDT

on 10/07/01 21:01, Poppleton, Ken (MED) at Ken.Poppleton_at_med.ge.com wrote:

> Further information to my problem,
>
> I am able to upload rich text files (RTF) created in word from NT to my
> Newton as Newton Works import. I and install packages and can download
> my todo list as a text file.
>
> Cannot download Newton Works files (Export) although I was able to
> download an empty file and it was created on the NT machine. Backup
> failed after starting to backup, it did list several sections, but then
> gave a communications failure (-1).
>
> Using Microsoft Windows NT 4.00.1381, 256M ram, Pentium III, Dell
> OptiPlex GX1. I do not know what the system clock speed is.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Ken

You might want to try "SlowDown.exe". It should be on UNNA. This application
will "slow" down your PC, so that NCU will be able to keep the communication
up. Other than that, I don't know. I'm sure there are a lot of other users
that use NCU on a Windows box, maybe somebody else will offer some help?

-Laurent.