Re: [NTLK] Cannot export from my UMP 2000

From: Anton Balaban (antonbal_at_mail.ru)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 16:50:04 EDT

> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:44:55 -0700
> From: "T. J. Wise" <midgard_at_dragon.org>
> Subject: [NTLK] Cannot export from my UMP 2000
>

> Hi all. Am using a Quadra 660 AV to do the back-up of my MP. It backs
> up flawlessly. It restores flawlessly (held breath there when I did
> it!!) But, when I try to export from my Works, it locks up my Quarda.
> I have 48 MB of Ram & running 7.6.1 on it. Any ideas how I can export
> from the Works? I tried a copy to the note pad & export from there.
> It locked up the Mac that way too. So it is not a Works thing. It
> appears to be in the NCU - or so I am guessing. I am using AppleTalk
> & have the Serial DMA extension in place. Only Export doesn't work.
> Help??

Try to boot with extensions off and then export with NCU. I had a similar
problem (with 7.5.5 OS), one of control panels was conflicting with NCU.
Then if this is the case (you can export with ext. off), you can trace the
offending extension and get rid of it if it's possible (I couldn't, it was
Dialect, a Russification package for Mac, but it's unlikely that you have
it, should be smth else). Cross your fingers once again and try this :).

Anton Balaban