Re: [NTLK] Newton2000

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 21:38:04 EDT

I can vouch for the painful part...:-)
I had to send mine in a year ago, it was working one night and next day
wouldn't start, I tried everything I could think of and no go. I phone Apple
and got some gal that took my name and number and said they would phone me
back, never happened! About a week later I finally go another guy and he
filled everything and said they would have the box out in a couple days,
this was he said the first he had done.... Anyways after a week and no box
phoned again and got someone different, (if you do phone get their names and
keep track of when you called etc)who couldn't find any record of my call.
Said he would check and phone back (how many times have you heard that...).
But guess what, a couple days later he did phone and the box got sent to the
wrong address, apparently there was another Newton here in Regina going in
so he got my box and his when who knows where. Said he would courier the bax
and should have it in a couple days, but if it didn't show after 3 days to
phone and they would trace it. Box showed up the next afternoon so
connections really worked good for a change. Sent it the following day and
figured that I would have a long wait... it was back in less then a week.
Brand new 2100, not the one I sent as serial number were different and thing
have been great since then. Cost was $213CDN total including all taxes. I
think the price is the same in the States $189 if I recall right. Once Apple
Canada got their collective act together it was fast, all the crap up to it
is frustrating.

Larry Zasitko