Re: [NTLK] Removing screen protector

From: John M. Powell (quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 11:25:37 EDT

> On Friday, July 13, 2001, at 10:41 AM, Anthony Velasco wrote:
> > OK, polling the group again....If enough members respond to me to make
> > it worth CK efforts, maybe we can get them to do another production run
> > for the MP2K series? Please respond to me off list with a quantity you
would
> > ultimately like to have (do consider the average current price and add a
> > couple of bucks more for buffer). Also include whether you would be
> > willing to pre-pay (or not) for your projected quantity (including
shipping,
> > tax, etc.). I'll tally, summarize and contact CK. Anyone have an
appropriate
> > contact name for Concept Kitchen?
>
> Hi!
>
> I would certainly pay $50 for 2 dozens of WriteRights. I'm about to run
> out of my current stock and I too am afraid of the NuShield, although
> I'm more afraid to use a bare screen...
>
> -Laurent.
> --
> Laurent Daudelin Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
> mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com Washington, DC, USA
> ********************** Usual disclaimers apply **********************
> "Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
> then they'd be algorithms."

Anthony/Laurent,

I've used NuShields almost exclusively for some time now and don't
see any reasons to be afraid. On one hand, I think it'd be awesome
if there was enough of a demand for ConceptKitchen to produce them
again - especially since the CEO just gave us permission to post
Small Talk for the general public. Having used both, here's my
breakdown of the pros/cons...

WriteRight:
Pros:
1) It feels a bit more like actually writing on paper.
2) Once installed, it'd be pretty difficult for anything to
work it's way underneath (particles)

Cons:
1) A little more difficult to install (bubbles).
2) Indicates wear faster. Some may say this is a 'pro' but
I consider it a con (see below).
3) Removing it scares me. The first time I pulled one up,
I was really curious as to what strain it might be putting
on the screen.

NuShield:
Pros:
1) Clearer than the WR - easier to see the greyscaled variations.
2) Easy installation/removal.
3) If a spec of something gets under the shield, it's easy to see
and no problem at all to remove, clean, and reinstall. And I rarely
ever have to do that.
4) Last much longer. As long as your tip is in good shape and you
keep the surface clean, you'll get much more life out of one.

Cons:
1) Surface is very slick. It doesn't quite have the friction that
a WR does. For me, this really isn't a con as I got used to it rather
quickly, but some may consider it to be one.
2) Too reflective. Because the surface is shiny, it reflects lights
better. But this also plays into it's ability to be viewed better
when light isn't boucing off of it.

Anthony,
I think it'd be great to pursue having CK make up a batch. Email
me at jp_at_iwillbefree.com after you've come up with a list of
people wanting them. I'm sure the CEO would be greatfull to see
we appreciate their gesture.

I personally just decided I prefer the NuShields because of the
clearness, easy of install/removal, and longevity.

John