Re: [NTLK] Serious Q: MP100 use

From: Adrian Carter (adi_at_cix.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 14:55:05 EDT

on 7/14/01 3:02 PM, Doug Ramsay at doug_ramsay_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Ok..ok..I've read the jokes about what a MP100 should be used for, but I
> have one sitting in a nice Apple carrying case and would like to serious
> opinions of what it can be used for. My main MP is a 2100U, but I've been
> thinking of loading the MP100 up with TvPad or Showtime and using it as a
> universal remote. Any other ideas? I'd hate to sell it (sorta sentimental,
> if u will, being that it was my first one) Serious replies only (smile).
>
> Best,
> Doug

I have my 100 by my bedside, it's got a little Gameboy style light stuck to
it. What do I use it for ?

Well, I like to write short stories but most of my ideas seem to come in the
middle of the night. I wake up scribble them down and then go back to sleep.
Many people knock the original HWR but it seems to cope with mine providing
I am only half awake.

Why don't I keep my 2100 by my bedside. Well, that's simple.

It's my alarm clock and I have a bad habit of hitting the snooze button on
my alarm clocks so I leave it deliberately out of reach so I have to get out
of bed to turn it off.

So there you have it...MP100 = Nocturnal Writer's Notebook.

Cheers

Adi