Re: [NTLK] WriteRights, Screen Cleaners & Concept Kitchen

From: NDCHEG1_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 11:01:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/01 2:23:50 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net writes:

<< OK, polling the group again....If enough members respond to me to make it
worth CK efforts, maybe we can get them to do another production run for the
MP2K series? Please respond to me off list with a quantity you would
ultimately like to have (do consider the average current price and add a
couple of bucks more for buffer). Also include whether you would be willing
to pre-pay (or not) for your projected quantity (including shipping, tax,
etc.). I'll tally, summarize and contact CK. Anyone have an appropriate
contact name for Concept Kitchen?

A few things... First an random question: Didn't someone on this list, an
owner or eng. for a company (ConceptKitchen?) that made screen protectors,
mention about a year or year and a half ago that they were looking at
different materials to make the WriteRight (or similar) better, more
transparent, and such.

Second, wish I could order more Write Rights to help beef up the size of an
order, but I have a large supply (love 'em use em all the time.) Last time I
ordered from CK, there was a goof. Newton sizes weren't in stock, they were
supposed to be shipped soon when them came in stock, but they weren't. Hey,
it happens. CK was very embarassed and treated me very well when I contacted
them. They said they'd send me an extra set of WR's, and my inventory is
still well stocked. They may have even covered or offered to cover shipping,
I don't remember. But they told me they'd pop a few extras in the box, and I
got a few more than I expected when I opened the box. Just wanted to pass
the info along. Unlike some companies I've dealt with when ordering things
on-line, CK treated me really well, and I will use them in the future and
pass their name on to other new PDA users who need screen protection (even if
they are using Palms). They are a good company that treats their customers
right.

With that said, I think they may very well do another run of Newton sized
WR's for us. I looked at their site, they have protectors for a lot of the
other PDA's out there with different screen sizes. The current screen sizes
aren't drastically different from Newton dimensions. Our width is close to
their length. Changing out the cutting die's for the film shouldn't be all
that difficult, especially if they still have the old Newton dies sitting on
a maintenance shop shelf. Go for it! If they are making a run, and have a
better, clearer material, I'll order some more. Please keep the list posted.

On related topic from the list, they have screen cleaners (wet cleaning)
available in these handy packets that you can have with the newton in a
carrying case (if you have one), as well as cloths (their karma cloth) for
wiping away the daily dust and dirt. I never got one, but probably should
soon.

Thanks for the efforts,
John Doyle