[NTLK] What's up with NCU

From: Steve Lombardi (stevelombardi_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 23:33:53 EDT

Whenever I run Newton Connection Utilities 1.0, any one of three
things happens:

1. it works fine

2. it quits with a type 2 error

3. it launches, but then an empty NCU window appears, with a spiining
watch cursor and I need to force-quit

What's going on? I think the problem is with my Claris XTND setup.
When this happened this morning, I re-installed NCU and all worked --
for a while. I might've then installed Newton Press, and then the
trouble began again. I suspect XTND since now Xport 2.1 won't open
an RTF file, saying I don't have the right translator. But I
exported one this morning...

I've tried trashing the NCU prefs and the XTND translator list in
prefs, but to no avail. This is on OS 9.1, iBook 2001.

Any idea on the correct versions of Xtend system, Power Enabler (do I
need that?), etc? I'd try installinh NCU again, but every time I've
ever installed it it sits for about 5-10 minutes on the "preparing to
install" screen.

Does anyone know a URL to just the XTND system?

Help, please, this is driving me nuts.

--

-- Steve Lombardi http://stevelombardi.com