Re: [NTLK] re : Nushield Question?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 17:04:20 EDT

Hmmm, what kind of "gaps" are you seeing on your
Newt's screen?
I would highly recommend AGAINST putting any kind of
"liquid" coating on your Newt's screen. The reason
being is that surface you are in contact with is NOT
the actual screen of the Newt. It is the
touch-sensitive contact. It's a transparent conductive
pad that identifies where you are currently touching
on the screen. If there is a "gap" or break in this
layer, then the Newt is hosed, send it to Apple to get
repaired.
I find that if I clean the screen with Murphy's
furniture soap it will hide the scratches for a
temporary time period (since my scratches are isolated
to small areas, sometimes oils from my fingers <rub a
finger on the scratches> will suficiently hide the
smaller scratches) Otherwise, I use a screen cleaner
that is specifically designed for monitors that I got
from Edmond's scientific (on the bottle, it claims to
"make glass smoother than glass") Incredible clarity
(use lint free cloths to apply...lens paper is very
good)
But even with all this care, I still have scratches!
Goes to show...I'm REALLY hard on my stuff...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Alain.Fernandez"
<Alain.Fernandez_at_univ-orleans.fr> wrote:

> Ed, has the GURU an idea about chemical products to
> fill 'gaps' on
> the screen as waterPolyUrethane's ?
>
> Has anyone try this ?
>
> Who knows the chemical matter of our screen ?
>
> Personnally, I have :
> - broken the dongle input on my 2100 (use in an
> apple case with the
> keyboard and the carry does it)
> - use Writeright that I clean with glass cleaneron
> 2100 and 2000
> - and Nushield on Emate (sons)
>

> > I now have SCREEN scratches

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...