Re: [NTLK] Newton accelerator

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 22:24:18 EDT

I don't own one but I can't resist. always wanted to do one of the
succinct replies. (open-ended jab at all those who seem to be quoting
entire messages fully intended)

On 7/17/01, Tom Doan quoth:
>1. is it worth it?

signs point to yes. much faster, only slight quibbles from those who own one.

>2. does it really work?

yes.

>3. what kind of speed improvements are we talking about here?

see 1. good enough to warrant otherwise sane souls (woo excepted) to
open our newts and fiddle with the innards. HWR is much faster.

>4. do i have to be a scientist to install it?

no, but it couldn't hurt. some very delicate soldering is involved.

And victor said he'd have the search when it's ready. he had that
tone my dad had when I was told to go play outside NOW. So I'm not
going to bother him.

okay, bye now.

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web: http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton: Still intelligent after all these years.