Re: [NTLK] Newton repair

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:17:24 EDT

>On Wednesday, July 18, 2001, at 10:04 AM, Gss wrote:
>
>> I have a newton 130 and the on/off switch seems not to be working,
>> anyone know where I can send it to have it repaired.
>
>Did you check with David Watson (AKA Dr. Newton)? Check his web site
><http://www.kc.net/~drnewton/> and then email him.
>
>-Laurent.

If that fails, you can send your unit to Apple for a complete repair of
everything that may be wrong for about $180.00. From ThisolNewt:

How to get Apple to repair a Newton

To setup the repair, call the 1-800-767-2775. Select the technical
support.
When you talk to someone, tell them you're calling for a Newton. They
should
set up the repair. Then, if things don't go as expected, call the Apple
Repair Center in
Memphis that handles the Newton repair at 800-233-6555. The people that
answer the phone are not very collaborative and knowledgeable. They serve
as
a barrier between you and the actual staff that perform the repair.
Insist to
talk to a supervisor if you're not pleased with the answers they give you.

This hint from Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
and another reader writes

Best way to go is to purchase that unit and then send it to Apple in
Memphis, TN. For the flat rate of US $180 plus some shipping you get
EVERYTHING fixed, screens, dongles, clips, hinges, doors
They even send you a shipping case.
800-211-1537
800-767-2775 (best phone number I've found)
888-273-3594

=A0
Apple Computer
US Customer Service