Re: [NTLK] No longer supported softw.

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 19:41:36 EDT

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 04:44 -0700 (PDT), newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> C4??? Isn't that explosive?? :-D
> Yeah, mine still works too, even the HUGE FLOPPY drive works! Gotta love
> those old games! It's soo 'Basic' now adays! ;-)
> ------------------
> >retro/abandon-ware? Perhaps we can take some advice from the legions of

> >nerd still utilizing their commodore 64s? I can bet that they have been

> >in the loop as far as uncontactable software makers for a spell longer
> >that we have. And dont tell me noone uses thier c64, i still have mine
> >plugged in, and got the port of Mosiac working on it, to boot.

Me,too!
It's a shame the C64 had such a simple BASIC that it had to be supplimented
with so many pokes to get access to the machine's faculties, graphics,
sound, &c., but, there again, I'm from a sinclair spectrum background and
even UDGs were gettable more or less from within BASIC.
I'd just love to get C64 *or* speccy MoDemmed or, perhaps, xchanging data
with the newt.
> !ooW %-)
! .nosnhoJ nhoJ <|;-)