Re: [NTLK] uMP2000/2100 vs. eMate

From: Samuel Jacobson (sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 08:32:12 EDT

Dear All,
  Thanks again for all of your input.

  Along with my asking if anyone knew where to get a DRAM upgrade for an
eMate 300 I had two other questions:

1). What is a fair price for a good condition eMate 300?

2). For Dr. Shaw (or anyone applicable) with the eMate 300 being touted
    as quite rugged is it possible to take the unit out to do field work for
    extended periods of time without having to worry about damage from
    cold or moisture (within reason of course as I am not planning on diving
    with the unit :-) )? For example with a contemporary laptop I would
not
    take it out into the field unless I knew it was for a short time with
not
    much chance of adverse elements as I tend to view the machines as
    rather fragile.

  Thanks!

Respectfully,

Sam