Re: [NTLK] uMP2000/2100 vs. eMate

From: Ivan T. Shaw (ishaw_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 09:45:33 EDT

At 08:05 AM 7/22/01 -0500, Brian McEwen wrote:
>Did you divide it up into <32k chunks? I found when I was working
>on longer (but under 32k) text entries the lag started to really bug me,
>too, when making changes (MP130 I tried this a lot, only a little on the
>2100).

I use StandAlone's BigNotes to extend Notes sizes, but did much of the
writing in NewtWorks. You will have to experiment with which package to use
when activating HWR in Works; I found that with my particular installation,
ScribeWorks (part of WriteStuff) was somewhat better.

Notes was better for lab book entries (one note/day or experiment) or for
those quick ideas that one works on before committing it to a draft segment
for inclusion.

I have a MP130 as well, but haven't written anything extensive; it's used
as a backup machine.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw