Re: [NTLK] newbie needs help

From: markmontoya_at_mindspring.com
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 14:04:24 EDT

If my memory serves correct, I think the Newton Serial cable and a generic Mac Serial cable are different. On your second question, the rest of the list may know, but I have not heard of any utils out there that can "mount a Newton Flash card"on your Mac and copy pkgs over.

Mark
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

Hi

I am brand new to the Newton world, having recently bought a very
nice Newton 130. I've been lurking this list since the 130 arrived,
and I have found it to be very helpful. Now here's my problem.

I can't get the Newt to connect with my Mac. I bought a generic
serial cable, and I dowloaded and installed NBU 1.0, but when I try
to initialize the connection on the 130, it does the barber pole and
tells me that there was no response.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing using the Mac's serial port,
so I'm at a loss here. I have no idea how to trouble shoot this, so I
would appreciate any help.

I'm using a Wallstreet II PowerBook running 9.0.4, by the way.

Also, is there anyway to mount a Newton formatted flash RAM on a Mac,
so I can just drag packages over?

Thanks for any and all help.

AC Rempt