Re: [NTLK] newbie needs help

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 19:48:38 EDT

On 7/24/01, Oliver Brose quoth:
> > I can't get the Newt to connect with my Mac. I bought a generic
> > serial cable, and I dowloaded and installed NBU 1.0, but when I try
> > to initialize the connection on the 130, it does the barber pole and
>> tells me that there was no response.
>
>You need to install the *NCU* (Newton Connection Utility ->check unna.org),
>the NBU only works with MPs below NOS2.0, IIRC.

actually no, NBU works with 2.0 Newtons for installing packages and
backing up and restoring files. It will only back up 1.x Newtons
for restoration on to 2.0 Newtons. As such it's a program fro
migrating between the two.

In any case, I just wanted to correct this. The alphabet soup of
Newton programs does get a bit confusing at times.

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web: http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton: Still intelligent after all these years.