[NTLK] [NTLK]Acrobat Reader for Newton

From: David Nett (troilus1_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 20:06:48 EDT

Folks --

Apart from sheer programming power (which, sadly,
I fear is beyond my humble ability), what would
be required to allow a .pdf reader to run on a
Newton? Is there a licensing issue with Adobe
that stops us from building this?

I recently noticed that there is a reader for the
PalmOS (as well as almost every other OS out
there). With the impending release of a v1 of
Paul's ATA driver, we'll all have space enough on
our babies for pdf docs. If we could read them,
then we could, say, purchase fron electronic
bookstores like Fictionwise.com, rather than
having to create our own NewtonBooks from public
domain texts, and drooling over the newest Greg
Bear e-books.

I offer this only as a suggestion for a powerful
tool which might help extend the usability of our
green friends. as I said, I don't know if we'd
("we" meaning someone with the skills to do it)
be allowed to do such a thing. But, if we
could...damn!

--David

=====