Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Card for Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 02:46:24 EDT

none, really...at the time I got my dlink card, it was
cheaper and readily available. Farallon had just given
up on their card and the 3com cards were quite
expensive. Probably the greatest benefit is not having
to figure out what driver to use to control the card.
I just loaded one driver and it took care of ALL the
non-3com and farallon cards! In my estimation, that
was worth twice the price I paid for my card.
I wasn't about to get down to the part number shuffle
and try to figure out what driver to install!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Gerstein, Sam" <Sam.Gerstein_at_BOS.StreamServe.com>
wrote:

> What are the benefits of the DLink card over the
> 3COM?
> -Sam

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...