Re: [NTLK] Putting on the asbestos suit....

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 11:43:23 EDT

MacPhx (baphx_at_earthlink.net) wrote:

> I just tried this and I cannot find the "i" button that you describe. I am
> using OS 1.3 . Should I upgrade to 2.0, or can I?

I guess that changing backdrops was introduced with NOS 2.0. An MP120
with NOS 1.3 ROMs can be upgraded to NOS 2.0, but I'm not sure these ROM
chips are still available. If you can do the upgrade (and be it by buying
an upgraded MP 120 or an MP130), you definitely should. NOS 2.0 was a
huge improvement over 1.3, including HWR and overall speed. NOS 2.1 was
even better, of course, but there's no upgrade path, short of buying an
MP2000/2100 or eMate 300.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de