Re: [NTLK] Homemade screen protectors

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 20:26:36 EDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 7/31/01 6:25 PM, the entity known
as Patrick Meuleman transmitted the following from
Patrick2_at_goldenglow.com.au:

> Wow, your transparencies must be thick! I'd say give it a go or shop around
> for thinner transparencies. The ones I use work fine.

Well, AFAIK it's just the standard viewgraphs that one uses in a copier.
They're stiff & thick enough that one MUST use the straight-through feed
path to use them in a laser printer. I've never seen any thinner. It's (I
think) about as thick as two of the high quality Epson inkjet sheets.

HOWEVER, it occurs to me that those vinyl sleeves one uses to put viewgraphs
into a 3-ring binder might work nicely. That material (in the newer, highly
transparent sleeves) is MUCH thinner and more flexible. I may just cut one
apart as an experiment.

- Eric.